Thursday, March 1, 2007

Starting anew...

I begin yet again. This is my second blog. The first has gone by the wayside. Some of the old posts will reappear shortly. Ranting is a tendency of mine and will probably occupy many of my posts. My grad schools days are now behind me and now I am a Post-Doc. Politically, I am a leftie, usually voting for candidates that most have never heard of. Some say I waste my votes but given the U.S. Constitution and gerrymandering, the way I view it, I would be anyway. I figure under such a scenario far better to stick to my principles and hopefully encourage 3rd party candidates to enter politics, changing the dynamics of the debate between Republicans and Democrats. It is a more long term view to politics than what is shown by the news networks.

I love science. Thinking and questioning the world around me was nurtered from a very early age by my parents. Research is fun but teaching science is my true joy. Nowhere as skilled as I would like as a teacher but always looking to improve which at my research university is far more challenging than it should.

2 comments:

Amit said...

Welcome back! I'm glad to hear you got those 3 letters after your name. Are you still on the East coast? And more importantly did you get my Fantasy BB invite?

PonderingFool said...

Ranger thanks. I did and as you can see I am back, hopefully I won't be dead last again this year. Still on the East Coast and thank you. It is nice to have.